The Lodge at Tahsis Harbour
1075 Barnacle Beach Road
Tahsis Lodge is the only waterfront accommodation in the village. For many years it was operated as a deluxe full service fishing lodge, but now has been divided up into four suites for visitors who want to cater for themselves. It is located next to the marina and on 750 feet of private oceanfront. All the suites have living rooms facing the harbour, mountains and our own private docks. Guest are welcome to bring their own Kayaks, SUPs or small boats and use our dock facilities. We can accommodate larger boats if space is available. There is a small BBQ on the covered deck and lots of seating to enjoy the fantastic views. The suites are clean and well maintained. The WIFI is excellent. There is an ice machine, free shared laundry, fish cleaning station, and extra freezer space.
Bring your camera since the wildlife around here is spectacular with eagles, seals, river and sea otters and often much more daily from your windows. There are interesting hiking trails for all levels in the area, some nice little stocked lakes, oyster and clam beaches and a friendly community.
– Private deck with BBQ
– Kitchen in living area with stove, oven, microwave etc.
– Clean, well maintained suites
– Internet, smart tv, coffee maker, cable tv.
– Access to main covered deck and to pier and docks.
– Guests are welcome to keep kayaks, canoes and small craft at the dock. We do have two recreational kayaks which can be used by guests.
– Our new private docks offer the best moorage facilities in the area. Moorage for larger boats must be booked ahead and is free for lodge guests and includes power, water, fish cleaning station, ice machine. Fuel dock, marine services, fishing equipment retail is available at the public marina which is adjacent to our property. Freezer space is available for lodge guests.
– Bring your cameras since we often have whales, sea lions, seals, river otters, sea otters and other sea mammals within meters of our docks. There are always eagles, herons, kingfishers and other birds on our docks or in the trees on our property. There are usually deer on the property and we get the occasional bear. Bears can usually be seen from your windows or from the decks across the harbour on the River estuary in the spring, summer and fall.
There is a full modern laundry which is shared by all three apartments.
There is an additional freezer which can be utilized by all guests.
Lots of parking
The docks and pier can be accessed by all guests.
Other things to note:
There is lots to do in Tahsis. Great fishing of course, but also excellent hiking for all levels. The variety and quantity of birds, sea and land mammals is quite extraordinary.
For more information or to make a booking, contact Nigel at email@example.com.
All suites are available for rent through Airbnb.
Located at the head of the Tahsis Inlet on the west coast of Vancouver Island, home to World class fishing for Tyee Chinook (30+ pounds) and Huge Halibut, Westview Marina is the true heart of Esperanza Inlet and Nootka Sound. Full facilities include everything from the Grillhouse Restaurant, Island Attitude Café, full time marine mechanics, laundry, showers, diesel and gas to bait and ice.Learn More